Monday, March 31, 2008

doctor who quotes -6 days

Paul McGann
The plays still refer to you as wearing your frock coat and cravat from the 1996 TV movie. Are you wearing the same terrible wig, too?
I think I am, yeah. I’ve got the spirit glue all over my bonce, even on the audios! That’s not my choice, it’s theirs.
You should put your foot down. You shouldn’t have to wear rubbish wigs on audio.
Listen, that’s irrefutable logic, but this is a franchise, man. I’ve got to wear what they say. No, I’m stuck with it.

The Ninth Doctor

You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs, or beef, or global warming, or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible. Like maybe you survive. (Russell T Davies, “The End of the World”)


[to a Dalek] If you can’t kill, what are you good for? (Robert Shearman, “Dalek”)

Everything’s important. (Russell T Davies, “World War Three”)

“...Dishonoured. My appearance was changed, so that I would fit in.”
“Know the feeling,” the Doctor said quietly.
(Justin Richards, The Clockwise Man)

I’ll hug anyone. (Russell T Davies, “The Long Game”)

Rose: So the world revolves around you?
The Doctor: Sort of. Yeah.
(Russell T Davies, “Rose”)

Rose: Why is it always the great-looking ones who do that [leave]?
The Doctor: I’m making an effort not to be insulted.
Rose: I mean—men.
The Doctor: Thanks, that really helped.
(Steven Moffat, “The Doctor Dances”)

The Doctor: It’s never easy being the only one left out in the cold.

Nancy: I suppose you would know.

The Doctor: I would, yes. (Steven Moffat, “The Empty Child”)

Rose: Doesn’t the universe implode or something if you dance?

The Doctor: Well, I’ve got the moves, but I don’t want to boast. (“The Doctor Dances”)


“Well, it's that or let them slip back to barbarity. Take the United States, fr’instance.”
“Barbarous,” the Doctor agreed with a smile.(The Clockwise Man)

Doctor Constantine: Are you a doctor?

The Doctor: I have my moments.(“The Empty Child”)

I am so impressive! (“The End of the World”)

Do you mind not farting while I’m saving the world? (“Aliens of London”)

I like bananas—bananas are good. (“The Doctor Dances”)

[saying goodbye to Rose] I just want to say, before I go, that you were fantastic. And you know what? So was I. (Russell T Davies, “Parting of the Ways”)


Christopher Eccleston
[The Doctor] gets very frustrated with [human] cruelty and negativity . . . [he’s got] a sadness, that he’s got no home . . . “I’m lonely, I want somebody to come with me”. . . he’s lonely, and she’s [Rose] bored.

The Tenth Doctor

Run and hide, ‘cause the monsters are coming. (Russell T Davies, “The Christmas Invasion”)

They [the Daleks] always survive, when I lose everything! (Helen Raynor, “Daleks in Manhattan”)

He was in what might have been a very fashionable suit if you were what Mum called a bit of a waster. (Paul Cornell, “The Hopes and Fears of All the Years”)

Sometimes I think you [humans] like it! Not having to think for yourselves. (Tom McRae, “Age of Steel”)

The Doctor: Just a nightmare, Reinette—even monsters have nightmares.
Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
The Doctor: Me.
(Steven Moffat, “The Girl in the Fireplace”)

Tommy: What are you going to do?
The Doctor: Go shopping!!
(Mark Gatiss, “The Idiot’s Lantern”)


The Doctor remembered something in that moment: if there was one thing he had to fix immediately, it was four-year-olds looking sad. (Paul Cornell, “Deep and Dreamless Sleep”)


Reinette: This is my lover, the King of France.
The Doctor: Oh yeah? Well, I’m the Lord of Time.
(“The Girl in the Fireplace”)

That’s why I keep traveling—to be proved wrong. (Matt Jones, “The Satan Pit”)

I like impossible. (Russell T Davies, “New Earth”)

Rose: They’ve got guns.
The Doctor: I haven’t. Which makes me better.
Rose: But they’ll shoot you.
The Doctor: The moral high ground is mine.
(Russell T Davies, “Army of Ghosts”)

Martha! No, no, no! Hate what some of them do, hate some individuals if you must, hate intolerance and injustice and slaughter and man’s inhumanity to man but never, never hate people. (Jacqueline Rayner, The Last Dodo)

“Ah. No. Father Christmas, me and him, we’re like that.” The Doctor crossed his fingers. “By which I mean I’ve fought evil doubles of him. Couple of times. But I’m not, actually, him, no. He’ll be along in a minute, I should think.” (“Deep and Dreamless Sleep”)

Shakespeare: How can a man have eyes so old when you look so young?
The Doctor: I do a lot of reading.
(Gareth Roberts, “The Shakespeare Code”)

Living forever may disappoint you. In the end you just get tired. The only certainty is that you’ll end up alone.
(Stephen Greenhorn, “The Lazarus Experiment”)

Nobody fights for planets or races or people. They fight for one person, one family, one friend. Their own. If you have nothing in your life worth fighting for, Jack, then you are no use to them. And they need you. (Jovalien, A Torchwood Christmas Carol)

The Doctor stayed, and actually danced, doing an awkward sort of boogie to Duran Duran that made the kids collapse in embarrassment. (“The Hopes and Fears of All the Years”)

The final act of the Time War was life. (“Utopia”)

All my love to long ago. (to the Fifth Doctor, “Time Crash”)

There’s more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than—wait, that’s The Lion King. (“The Christmas Invasion”)

On his way out of the door one Christmas, 1955, Alice stopped the Doctor. She put a hand on his arm.
“We've got a spare room,” she said. “You saved my husband's life. I don't care if you're magic or what, when you visit here, you never have to go back out into the cold.”
The Doctor looked at her, and Tom thought he had the saddest look on his face, just for a moment. There was something like a fierce, distant love there. A love for things that had been gone a long time. And for what was in front of him at that moment. But there was also still something guarded, like he was waiting for the punchline to be on him. (“The Hopes and Fears of All the Years”)

Being apart from your own kind forever—that’s quite a burden to bear, you know. . . . However much you’re loved. (The Last Dodo)

The most ordinary person can change the world. (“Age of Steel”)

No comments: