Thursday, March 27, 2008

doctor who quotes -9 days

The Fifth Doctor
The universe is an awfully big place. (Johnny Byrne, “Arc of Infinity”)

An apple a day keeps the... oh, never mind. (Christopher Bailey, “Kinda”)

Curiosity’s always been my downfall. (Robert Holmes, “The Caves of Androzani”)

Hampden: You must stop them!
The Doctor: Yes, I know.
(Eric Pringle, “The Awakening”)

The last thing I need is some skinny idiot ranting in my face about everything he happens to see!! (of the Tenth Doctor, Steven Moffat, “Time Crash”)

Oh marvelous, you’re going to kill me. (Christopher H. Bidmead, “Frontios”)

Soldier: How do we find it [a Dalek]?
The Doctor: The moment you find it, it’ll try and kill you.
(Eric Saward, “Resurrection of the Daleks”)

Adric: Do you know where it is?
The Doctor: Yes. That’s exactly why I’m looking for it.
(Eric Saward, “The Visitation”)

Dreams are important... never underestimate them. (Christopher Bailey, “Snakedance”)

Panna: Is he an idiot?
The Doctor: Well, I suppose I must be.
(“Kinda”)

You’ve changed the desktop, haven’t you? (Of the TARDIS, to the Tenth Doctor) (“Time Crash”)

Brave heart, Tegan. (Eric Saward, “Earthshock”)

Peter Davison
Oh God, we’re questioning the logic of the script now. We’re turning into Colin Baker!

On the nine o’clock news that night, the first story was that Ronald Reagan had been elected President of the United States, and the final story was that Tom Baker was going to regenerate into me! Friends who’d been watching with the sound turned down assumed, when my picture flashed up on the screen, that I must have died!

And next year, David [Tennant], you’re playing Hamlet with the RSC . . .
There’s not much difference between Hamlet and Spamalot, really!

Now, a few years back, Colin Baker did a musical episode.
Did he?! What, for this lot?
Yes, it was called Doctor Who and the Pirates, and used the music of Gilbert and Sullivan.
Oh my God! [Explodes with laughter] Good for Colin!
So do you fancy . ..
A musical episode? I wouldn’t have thought so, no.

The Sixth Doctor
Well, look at me. I'm old, lacking in vigor, my mind's in a turmoil. I no longer know if I'm coming, have gone, or even been. I'm falling to pieces; I no longer even have any clothes-sense. Self-pity is all I have left. (Anthony Stevens, “The Twin Dilemma”)

In the middle of his tirade, he had simply stopped, and looked at [Peri], and said, “I really don’t regret it, you know. Losing my other life for you. Never think that.”
[. . . ]
“You always have a choice,” he said. “You can’t ever make the excuse that events pushed you along. It’s precisely how you act when events don’t give you time to think, that’s the ultimate test. When a light goes out it leaves us all just a little closer to the dark. And the simple fact is that a universe with your brightness in it is infinitely preferable to a universe without.” (Dave Stone, Burning Heart)

“I’ll drive,” said the Doctor.
Aylmer stared at him. “You can drive one of these things?”
“I can drive anything,” said the Doctor simply.
(Terrance Dicks, Players)

If you’d been locked in as many dungeons as I have you’d recognize one when you see one. (Robert Holmes, “The Two Doctors”)

“Let’s do this the traditional way, shall we, Doctor?” said the Valeyard gloatingly. “Can I offer you a blindfold or a last cigarette? Though I’m sure you don’t smoke, it’s so terribly bad for the health.”
“So is blaster-fire,” said the Doctor.
(Terrance Dicks, The Eight Doctors)

I’m not a preacher—well, I don’t do it for a living anyway. (Jacqueline Rayner, Doctor Who and the Pirates)

There’s nothing particularly masculine about throwing your life away. (“Timelash”)

It’s like I told Socrates, stick to your guns. Of course, he didn’t know what guns were . . .
(Jacqueline Rayner, The Marian Conspiracy)

The TARDIS, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Rather like myself. (Paula Moore, “Attack of the Cybermen”)

The Rani: (to Peri) You’re worthless!
The Doctor: Not to me, she isn’t.
(“The Mark of the Rani”)

Well, excuse me for not killing people for fun! (Doctor Who and the Pirates)

I never get into trouble. (The Marian Conspiracy)

I am interested in everything. (“The Two Doctors”)

“Frankly, sir, I suspect your intelligence [information] is most dubious.”
“Your own is practically non-existent!” the Doctor countered furiously. “Sir!” (The Shadow in the Glass)

Violence is never the answer. (The Marian Conspiracy)

Planets come and go. Stars perish. Matter disperses, coalesces, forms into other patterns, other worlds. Nothing can be eternal. (Robert Holmes, “Trial of a Timelord”)

No comments: